The Ask: Toshiba’s offices in multiple locations of India had to follow the organisation’s philosophy and cultural standards. As a global organisation, they didn’t want India offices and employees to be different from the global structure.
The Approach: Toshiba being an innovation-led organisation had to reflect its office spaces with innovation and interaction at the centre. Hence, as per our design, both active and passive project spaces were kept within the buildings’ central zones. With focus on visibility and transparency, multifunctional project spaces have been created centrally within the base of the voids to ensure greater staff interaction and connectivity.
- Private offices were separated by a transparent glass wall from the main office to avoid visual disconnect
- Usage of natural light and solar energy led to substantial energy saving
- Complimenting and contrasting shapes and patterns; ceiling surface mirrors the shape and size of the conference table were used to design the conference rooms
- Suspended pendent lights and checkered flooring in the pantry also brought in a bit of classic charm to the office
- Semi open cabins grouped together under one large brightly coloured rectangular enclosure is visible from the open office